[Samba] Windows 11 22h1 Beta (Build 22581) client refuses to auth with Samba DC

Luke Barone lukebarone at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:14:55 UTC 2022

This is happening to me on Build 22593 as well. I created a new Win11 VM,
ran all the Windows Updates, and cannot join it to a domain setup with only
Samba Domain Controllers. I tried a standard user account, my account
(member of the Domain Admins group), and the Domain Administrator account,
all saying "Incorrect username and password".

If someone can show me how to turn the logging for join events on the
domain controller, I'd get those errors. In the Windows Event Log, it's
failing with error 1326.

I got it joined just now by using "*username at ad.domain.com
<username at ad.domain.com>*" instead of just *username* or *AD\username*.
However, I cannot sign in (using anything at all).