[Samba] samba-ad linux clients random access denied to network share

Giuseppe Barichello swlibero at verlata.it
Thu Apr 7 13:36:40 UTC 2022

On Thu, 07 Apr 2022 08:51:13 +0100
Rowland Penny <rpenny at samba.org> wrote:

> > Linux clients mount this share using nfs4.
>
> Why ? You can use cifs and mount it directly.

I use nfs in order to be able to mount the share as soon as the network
connection is available to the system (this is controlled by a
NetworkManager script). Every user will be then allowed to use the
share by his permissions.
I couldn't find a reliable way for the user to (automatically) mount the
share on login with his own credentials: if you know how to achieve
this goal, you are very welcome!
BTW: I still couldn't double check it, but in case of access denied even
the cifs mount is impossible.

Thankyou very much,

Giuseppe

--
Giuseppe Barichello
VERLATA Società Cooperativa Sociale a r.l.