[Samba] sharing an autofs nfs mount

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Apr 7 10:33:38 UTC 2022

What "works for me"

I have a webserver serving my SFTP service.

I use SecureShell package for the SFTP/SCP service
Secure shell, makes it easy to set a chrooted homedir.
I set NIS (* not really needed but i use RSAT ADUC)
UID set
Homedir /srv/nfs/customers/SomeUsername/spool

Primary gid to a linux/windows group, WITH GID assigned.
The login is an automounted folder in this case NFS.
*( unless you use cifs, then keep "domain users" )

Now this works fine here with NFS and CIFS automounts for me.
Just keep in mind i "want/need" the chroot and nothing else.

The systemd file to mount the share.

/etc/systemd/system/srv-remote-customers.mount
#------------
[Unit]
Description=Mount Remote Customers Homedirs

[Mount]
# NFS option.
What=FQ.DN:/exportnfs/customers
Where=/srv/remote/customers
Type=nfs

# Cifs Option
What=//FQ.DN/customers
Where=/srv/remote/customers
Type=cifs
Options=credentials=/etc/samba/credentials-administrator,rw,vers=3.0
# content : /etc/samba/credentials-administrator
username=Administrator
password=XXXXX
domain=ADDOM

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
#------------

And the automount file.

/etc/systemd/system/srv-nfs-customers.automount
#------------
[Unit]
Description=Automount Remote Customers Homedirs

[Automount]
Where=/srv/remote/customers
TimeoutIdleSec=120

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Make sure the needed packages are installed. *( like cifs-utils/nfs-common on debian)
Make sure you have nfs/fq.dn and cifs/fq.dn in you keytab

Place both files in /etc/systemd/system
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl enable srv-remote-customers.automount

And test.

Greetz,

Louis