[Samba] sharing an autofs nfs mount

Thibault Roulet thibault.roulet at epfl.ch
Wed Apr 6 13:00:30 UTC 2022

Hi,

This setup is probably not super clean but I don't have much choice.
Here is the structure

There is an Autofs configuration on myserver1 to automount nfs shares
from remote machines into /data/clients/.

[myserver1]

├── client1504l
├── client1504r
├── client1508
├── client1509
├── client1510
├── client1512
├── client1514
├── client1516
├── client1518
├── client2407l
├── client2407r
├── client3204
├── client4313l
├── client4313r
├── client5313l
├── client5313r
├── clientf492l
├── clientf492r

Then, in my smb.conf I'm sharing /data/clients/

Users can access this share and therefore all the files from all the
clients.

To have this setup working, I have to add
     msdfs root = yes
in my share definition. Else, impossible to enter it.

Then, I have plenty of errors in my syslog like

smbd[30605]: vfswrap_read_dfs_pathat: Error reading msdfs link
folder1/folder2: No such file or directory

Is that something normal?

Is there another way to do what I want to do? (I mean, a cleaner way?)

Cheers,

--
Thibault Roulet