[Samba] how to know SMB protocol versions supported by a host

Piviul piviul at riminilug.it
Wed Apr 6 09:32:12 UTC 2022

I have a little problem using samba; I have a bash script that should
mount some LAN hosts shares. Some of these hosts support only SMB1
protocol. If I try to mount a share on a host that support only SMB1
without specifying the protocol to use or specifying SMB3 or SMB2 the
mount command seems to freeze; if I specify on the options vers=1 all
seems to works.

There is a way to know the SMB protocol version supported by a host?

Piviul