[Samba] samba ad dc problem with windows group share

Jose Renato Castro Milanez jrcmilanez at unifei.edu.br
Tue Apr 5 19:29:25 UTC 2022

Hello friends, how are you?

I created a share with this documentation (
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows_User_Home_Folders) and inside the
share,
created folders and give full control for each group I created at the SAMBA
AD DC.

When the user of the group create a file on the respective group share,
he'll the owner of the file but the group don't have full control of the
file too. Only the administration and domain admins have full control
access.

I'd like to know if I did it correctly or if I need to do another strategy
to enable group share for my AD DC users.

Thanks.

My samba config:

# Global parameters
[global]
        dns forwarder = x, y
        netbios name = AAA
        realm = AAA.LOCAL
        workgroup = AAA
        idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
        vfs objects = acl_xattr full_audit
        full_audit:prefix = %u|%I|%m|%S
        full_audit:success = mkdir rename unkink rmdir pwrite
        full_audit:failure = none
        full_audit:priority = NOTICE
        map acl inherit = yes
        store dos attributes = yes
        printing = cups
        wins support = yes
        log level = 1 auth:5 winbind:5
        ldap server require strong auth = no
        spoolss: architecture = Windows x64
        logging = syslog

[print$]
       path = /samba/printer_drivers/
       read only = no

[sysvol]
        read only = No

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/aaa.local/scripts
        read only = No

[printers]
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = yes