[Samba] AD Member setup broken after samba upgrade

Thibault Roulet thibault.roulet at epfl.ch
Tue Apr 5 13:56:23 UTC 2022

Hi,

Okay this is pretty weird, it looks fine with the changes you proposed
in your last mail. Even if I'm pretty sure I tried all possible
combinations!
The joy of trying 1000 conf and never falling on the good one \o/

Just to answer your propositions:

>       password server = AD1.DOMAIN.MYDOMAIN.ORG
>
> You should let Samba find the best DC to use.

Tried to force it after reading it in a (bad?) doc where they said it
could be a problem

>       username map script = /bin/echo
>
> No idea why you have that.
That was a weird fix I found after an issue a few years ago.
> Finally, is this a typo ?:
>
>       idmap config INTRANET:schema_mode = rfc2307
yep sorry, had many anonymizing procedures on my conf files before
posting it.
> Did you restart Samba or reload the config after adding the line Louis
> suggested. If the latter did you run 'net cache flush' ?
I finally made a script which
- stop {smbd,winbind,nscd}
- net cache flush
- nscd -i {hosts,passwd}
- delete *.tdb files in /var/lib/samba and re-insert machine in AD
- start {smbd,winbind,nscd}
- smbcontrol all reload-config

Many thanks for your help !

Thibault