[Samba] Samba 4.13 AD: How to Change Default Computer OU?

Mike Ruebner samba at machichemicals.com
Sun Apr 3 00:38:00 UTC 2022

Thanks, Guys, for all the pointers so far! Much appreciated. I didn't even realize I had that many options for an LDAP edit. That said, ldbedit also gives me a constraint violation and ADSIedit complains about a missing editor. As Jonathan and Rowland point out, this appears to be more involved than I initially assumed, and it probably doesn't warrant plumbing the innards of my production AD DC. What I am trying to achieve is to have a couple of 802.1x certs imported through a GPO right after a workstation domain join & reboot. This to automate the new machine setup process somewhat for in-house IT. Not pretty, but I guess I can achieve the same result by tacking this on to the default domain policy. If you see a better way, please let me know.

Thanks, Mike