[Samba] How to move shares from DC to MS preserving permissions?

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Fri Apr 1 13:48:47 UTC 2022

On 4/1/22 14:46, Denis CARDON via samba wrote:
> The thing that couldn't be mapped is having a group as a file owner
> (possible on a DC but not on a member server), but I wouldn't expect
> this kind of situation on a fileshare.

fwiw, this works just fine on a member server given an idmap backend
that supports id-type-both (iirc rid, autorid and script). There are
other use cases besides group as file owner like SID history where
basically users are represented as gids in the UNIX token and the
filesystem.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/