[Samba] Debian Bullseye Samba 4.15 online now. Amd64/i386/armhf/arm64

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Sep 30 09:39:05 UTC 2021

Hai,

The Bullseye Samba 4.15 packages for amd64/i386/armhf/arm64 are online now..

The repo setup for Bullseye has changed a bit.

Conform debian policy.
wget -O- https://apt.van-belle.nl/louis-van-belle.gpg-key.asc |\
    gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/louis-van-belle.gpg > /dev/null

echo "deb [arch=$(dpkg --print-architecture) signed-by=/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/louis-van-belle.gpg] http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/ $(lsb_release -sc)-samba415 main" \|
 sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list > /dev/null

Please to read the changelogs..
https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.15.0.html

Most know my policy with the packages and version numbering.
 4.15.0

.0 is a test server.
.1 is preffered an auth only server.
.2 is the first member server with shares/printing.
.3 is the first AD-DC.

But off course, you are not me and i'm not you..
TEST before you use them in production, all im saying..

Enjoy.

Greetz,

Louis