[Samba] Help needed to build samba-4.15.0 on Linux for x86_64 target

Debananda Pal debananda.pal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 05:10:58 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I am facing below issue while building samba-4.15.0 (without
--enable-fips140-mode in gnutls), I am getting issue with fips mode support
as below :
Checking for gnutls fips mode support: UNKNOWN
According to Release Notes for Samba 4.15.0 :
Previously many tools silently ignored unknown options. To prevent
unexpected
behaviour all tools will now consistently reject unknown options.

After adding --enable-fips140-mode on gnutls config, I am getting below
library not found issue, though the library is present in search path :
linux/gnutls/_build/oak.x86_64/work/gnutls-3.7.2/lib/.libs/lt-fipshmac:
error while loading shared libraries: libnettle.so.8: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
Makefile:3392: recipe for target '.libs/.libgnutls.so.30.hmac' failed