[Samba] Problem after update version 4.15.0

rme at bluemail.ch rme at bluemail.ch
Wed Sep 29 09:48:39 UTC 2021

Hi Louis

On 29.09.2021 11:32, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> "or authentication information" ...
> So, im thinking, these older pc's what used in samba in the low samba version
> And the encryptions how its saved maybe.. Like DES/3DES/AES
> Lots of problems i see ( in other forum and mailing lists ) involve encryptions.

I was thinking into same direction and hence I played also with max 
protocol and client max protocol entries as well as signing 
configuration parameters.

If anyone is able to tell me how I could dump the actual password hash 
of a working and non-working node we might get a bit more detail.

Weird thing is that in the link you provided 
(<https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=270003>) the report states 
even re-joining the machine do the domain did not help. I didn't 
actually try this as I did not want to lose my test system showing the 

The problem might be related also to the age of client. Keeping in mind 
my test machine was upgraded from Windows 10 1903 or similar and running 
21H1 now. On the other hand the machine which is working fine was also 
upgraded to 21H1 recently but was joined only after 21H1 was installed 
already. The other one was joined using a previous release for sure.

I really think there is a problem in Samba 4.15 which should be resolved 
as the only component which is changing is Samba and it suddenly starts 
to deny the computer account. Unless there is a reason clearly 
indicating an issue on client side it looks like Samba is misbehaving.

I will also watch the linked arch linux topic.

best regards,

More information about the samba mailing list