[Samba] Problem after update version 4.15.0

rme at bluemail.ch rme at bluemail.ch
Wed Sep 29 08:48:15 UTC 2021

Hello

On 29.09.2021 10:08, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> This.
>> ../../source4/auth/ntlm/auth.c:241(auth_check_password_send)
>>     auth_check_password_send: Checking password for unmapped user
>> [CYBERDYNE]\[CYB64W10-TEST$]@[CYB64W10-TEST]
>
> I would have expected
>> [CYBERDYNE]\[CYB64W10-TEST$]@[AD.CYBERDYNE.LOCAL]

Actually right. Would expect the same. But in Samba 4.14.7 no such
problem appearing.

> I see this so now and then here also that, suddenly a computer/user cant login.
> Common causes..
> 1) PC time out of sync with DC.

No, Time is NTP-Synchronized.

> 2) Computer account its password expired.

Not sure but Samba 4.14.7 does not complain at all - even if reverting
just Samba binaries I am perfectly able to log on. Passwords are
supposed to renew automatically as of my knowledge. The machine is in
use almost daily so it's not a machine which was not connected or off
for months.

> 3) Lots domain trust.

Right after Samba 4.15 upgrade? On 80% of my machines? And machines
re-gain trust after Samba downgrade? hmmm

> But what does the evenlog show and i assume the same user on an other computer can login?

Good point, let me try to dig up some logs from my attempts yesterday
(meanwhile my Samba is rolled back).

Here is what I found in the event logs:

Log Name:      System
Source:        NETLOGON