[Samba] Problem after update version 4.15.0

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 29 08:08:29 UTC 2021

This.
> ../../source4/auth/ntlm/auth.c:241(auth_check_password_send)
>    auth_check_password_send: Checking password for unmapped user
> [CYBERDYNE]\[CYB64W10-TEST$]@[CYB64W10-TEST]

I would have expected
> [CYBERDYNE]\[CYB64W10-TEST$]@[AD.CYBERDYNE.LOCAL]

I see this so now and then here also that, suddenly a computer/user cant login.
Common causes..
1) PC time out of sync with DC.
2) Computer account its password expired.
3) Lots domain trust.

But what does the evenlog show and i assume the same user on an other computer can login?

> I also compared "samba-tool computer show" of a working and one
> non-working machine and can't find any differences other than
> timestamps.
Hmm, is this an "old" domain, like from before 4.9?

Did you use
'samba-tool dns zoneoptions' for aging control
Or
Marking old records as static or dynamic with 'samba-tool'

>From : https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.15.0.html

If i have to gamble on this, 2 options.
Windows 10 bug or Samba fix in 4.15 that triggered it.

And if you dont want to re-register 1 pc..
(You can do this with a script at login for the whole domain. )

Increase the debugging and post it, maybe we see more in these loggings.

Greetz,

Louis