[Samba] id mapping

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Thu Sep 23 09:12:51 UTC 2021

> There you go, the left hand says you cannot use sssd with Samba and the
> right hand says you can, but no matter, that is red hat. Samba does not
> produce SSSD, so Samba cannot support it. By support, I mean fix errors
> in its code and advise users how to it, this is red hat's job.

Noone is asking us to "support it". And if you claim that it cannot work
at all this is just wrong.

"There'll be dragons!" and "some things will not work" would be correct,
but please don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/
SerNet Samba Team Lead      https://sernet.de/en/team-samba