[Samba] Possible memory leak in

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Sep 14 22:09:37 UTC 2021

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 03:04:12PM -0700, Matt Oursbourn via samba wrote:
>so far I can confirm that with:
>aio read size = 0
>aio write size = 0
>
>The memory has not grown past 8MiB on any smbd process.
>
>Jeremy, As for the test you suggest.  That is way over my head.  I  don't
>understand your email even a little bit.   I am happy to test, but I have
>never compiled samba.

Oh, sorry :-). It's a source code level fix that will
cap the number of outstanding asynchronous io requests
to 1000, and cause smbd to process any requests that
go above that limit synchronously.

It'll probably have the same effect, but still keep
a better transfer speed than turning off aio completely.