[Samba] Possible memory leak in

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Sep 14 21:49:36 UTC 2021

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 10:04:16PM +0200, Ralph Boehme wrote:

>>Hmmm. Can't we create some back-pressure on the crediting algorithm
>>by forcing writes to go synchronous after the queue async io events
>>reaches a (parameterized) size ?
>>
>>We already count fsp->num_aio_requests, so we have a per-fd
>>count. We could add a per-process count ? Or maybe start
>>forcing reads/writes to go synchronous once the time between
>>request/response goes over a certain amount ?
>
>first we have to check how Windows handles this. Iirc they don't send
>interim async responses. Problem solved. But my memory may not serve
>me right.

Actually, going sync in the server over a certain number of aio's has
to work also. The client has credits, but once any read/write
over a server configured threshold goes sync, then eventually
the TCP window will close until the outstanding aio replies
come back. So even with credits, the client TCP will stop
sending.