[Samba] Samba FIleserver and SIDHistory

Stolte, Felix f.stolte at fz-juelich.de
Tue Sep 14 09:17:03 UTC 2021

Hey Guys,

i am running a Samba 4.7.6 Fileserver using the ad backend for id mapping. Works fine with our main domain (A). We are currently migrating another domain and added the SID from users in Domain B to the sidhistory of the corresponding user in our main domain. However users from Domain B are not recognized as users from our main domain by samba (like on our windows Systems).

How do i achieve an i dmapping, where two corresponding users are treated the same by samba so they can access their files using the account of domain B?

Best regards
Felix

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
Dr. Astrid Lambrecht, Prof. Dr. Frauke Melchior