[Samba] improving gpo application security

Marcos Ariel Negrini mnegrini at afip.gob.ar
Tue Sep 7 12:39:03 UTC 2021

Grettings:

First of all, apologise for my English, and I hope you can understand my
question.
I have been analysing the security offered by GPO's application, I read
several articles such as
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-gpol/5143e719-3641-4e1b-b902-4891da014127,
and it is clear that the use of GPO's is not intended to distribute
critical data.
I'm trying to improve the security of sysvol (e.g. users without special
privileges cannot browse and download the content of sysvol or netlogon)
and the comunication protocol used by the GPO (encrypt from the server
to the workstation).
Is there any implementation you recommend that would improve the
security of the information stored in sysvol and its comunication
between AD servers and workstations?

Thank you very much.

Regards