[Samba] ad-backend: uidNumber set too late

Michal Bruncko michal.bruncko at ssrk.sk
Fri Sep 3 09:42:12 UTC 2021

what I am missing is backend, which takes user rid from user SID (the
last number) and use it as uidNumber.
advantages:
- uidNubmer will be always unique per user as because the user RID of
used SID is unique
- you dont need to manage them manually as it will be mapped
automatically using this backend based on used SID (i.e. applied on all
users)
- uidNubmer will be same everywhere on each system which is a member of AD

for now I am doing this user-rid to uidnumber using script as a part of
user creation and works without issues.

I guess that I am not only one which is having this idea and wondering
why such backend isn't available.... or I am missing something
obvious/fatal which I am breaking with this mapping described before?

thanks
michal