[Samba] Issues with log rotation

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Wed Sep 1 11:47:38 UTC 2021

Thanks Louis! The bug issue thread was an interesting read. Like the OP,
I'm also using Ubuntu Minimal images for my LXD containers and for some not
entirely clear reason, the Ubuntu maintainers decided not to fix the bug
for the LTS Minimal Release. Luckily, the solution is rather simple, a
single word needs to be renamed in /etc/logrotate.conf, i.e. "su root
syslog" to "su root adm".

So, all solved, it seems!