[Samba] RSAT not working any more?

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 29 16:15:27 UTC 2021

> On Fri, 2021-10-29 at 17:57 +0300, Thomas Kamalakis via samba wrote:
>> Dear all
>>
>>    I am having trouble administering Samba DC using RSAT on a Windows
>> 10
>> machine.
>
> Unfortunately RSAT on the latest Windows 10 needs a web server that
> Samba does not have.

OMG, what? Are you saying we can't use RSAT? It's a bit problematic that
the Wiki in most cases advises you to use RSAT for this and that. How do
we create GPO's without RSAT, for example?  When you say latest version
of Windows 10, can you pinpoint what version that is so I most carefully
do not update one of the W10 machines?

Time for another dose of 'zac and jack (Prozac washed down with Jack
Daniels). Why, oh why did I get out of math, where nothing ever suffers
random updates that break everything?