[Samba] Domain member?

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 27 15:19:25 UTC 2021

> You do not have any 'idmap config' lines (I think I mentioned this
> already)
> As a minimum I would expect something like this:
>
>      idmap config *:backend = tdb
>      idmap config *:range = 3000-9999
>      idmap config SAMBA : backend = rid
>      idmap config SAMBA : range = 10000-999999
>
> Rowland

I have a quick and ignorant RTFM question.  I was under the impression
that  backend=rid  meant that Samba would use the user's Active
Directory RID as their UID (which feels comfortably deterministic), but
the fact that you're specifying an ID range indicates that this
impression must be false, and that there's still an algorithmic mapping
process?  I mean maybe just as well, given that, for example, LXD wants
to grab a lot the larger available UID's for it's own user namespaces.