[Samba] domain-free multi-user use cases

cn at brain-biotech.de cn at brain-biotech.de
Tue Oct 26 12:53:02 UTC 2021

Am 26.10.21 um 14:37 schrieb Eric Levy via samba:
> On Tue, 2021-10-26 at 14:29 +0200, cn--- via samba wrote:
>> Am 26.10.21 um 14:15 schrieb Eric Levy via samba:
>>> I'm not aware this is possible, and I believe even if it is
>>> possible in
>>> general, it is not supported by my NAS appliance. However, I would
>>> like
>>> to review any references on the subject if you have any.
>>
>> This should help:
>>
>> https://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/ACLs
>>
>> Regards
>
> I'm not understanding how this would help ensure that an NFS share is
> accessible only through password-based authentication.

I didn't say anything about passwords in that regard. I said with ACLs
you can make this more fine grained.

I read your original post
(https://www.spinics.net/lists/samba/msg170503.html) again. Now I wonder
why you need the second server in addition to the NAS?

I still think pam_mount _might_ do what you want but in this setup
(Windows client connecting to a Server that mounts via pam_mount) I have
never tried it. As the Windows client probably does not send a cleartext
password I am unsure it will work.

Regards

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

BRAIN Biotech AG
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
phone +49-6251-9331-30 / fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen