[Samba] domain-free multi-user use cases

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Tue Oct 26 12:28:37 UTC 2021

Im still trying to understand what he exactly is saying.
:-/ but thats me mostly.

But if i only take these 2 alinea's

> > To close on a more concrete remark, NFS currently has
> limitations, as
> > stated previously, of its own, including the insistence on matching
> > numeric user identifiers, and lack of support for password
> > authentication. Features useful for Samba might be considered
> > separately from those available in NFS.

Insistence on matching numeric user identifiers, great, its security.
Lack of support for password, where, use kerberized NFS then.

Samba might be considered separately from those available in NFS.
VFS modules in samba will help here.

I think above this is more a matter of..

Are we talking about "home" use or Bussiness use.
For home use, yes, i can understand his point.
For bussiness use, no, i dont get his point.

Thats what i think but i might not gotten the big picture yet here.

Greetz,

Louis