[Samba] More on Group Policy Wiki page

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Oct 25 16:20:06 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-10-25 at 08:37 -0600, David Mulder via samba wrote:

> On 10/25/21 8:34 AM, Christian Naumer via samba wrote:
> >
> > Am 25.10.21 um 16:27 schrieb David Mulder via samba:
> > > Technically this should work regardless, as the SYSVOL will
> > > replicate
> > > the admx templates.
> >
> > Not if you are using the rsync method to synchronise SYSVOL on a
> > Samba
> > DC. Using this there is a "Master" that overwrites all the others.
> >

> In that case, it makes sense to choose the current machine if it is
> DC. I'll work on a patch.

Hi David, before I okay your patch, can we clarify something. Are you
saying that if samba-tool is used with just '-H' then the local
hostname will be used ? If so, this is news to me and the help
typically says this:

  -H URL, --URL=URL     LDB URL for database or target server

There is no mention of '-H' by itself meaning 'localhost' anywhere, as
far as I can see.

Rowland