[Samba] getent passwd SAMDOM\\demo01 does not work

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Oct 25 08:18:09 UTC 2021

On Sun, 2021-10-24 at 18:21 -0500, K. R. Foley wrote:

> I am just getting back to troubleshooting this.
>
> I do not think that sssd is enabled. In fact I do not think it is
> even
> installed on this system.

OK, I have lost track of this, but it looks like you are running Samba
as an AD DC. Have you checked that sssd isn't installed ?

If it is, remove it along with all the 'sss' in /etc/nsswitch.conf
Have you created the libnss-winbind links ? either manually (see here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Winbindd_on_a_Samba_AD_DC
) if you compiled Samba yourself, or by installing the required packages if you installed Samba packages (libnss-winbind libpam-winbind libpam-krb5 on Debian/Ubuntu and winbind-clients on redhat)

Rowland