[Samba] domain-free multi-user use cases

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Oct 24 07:35:49 UTC 2021

On Sun, 2021-10-24 at 03:23 -0400, Eric Levy via samba wrote:
> Right, so coming full circle to my opening comments, we have a case
> that is not supported internally by Samba, and I wish to inquire about
> enthusiasm for keeping open any possibility for considering such
> support in future development.

I don't have any enthusiasm for host-based (rather than user based)
authentication, if that is what you mean, but do suggest a way, without
changing Samba, that you could achive your goal.

Other remote file systems may offer host-based authentication.

Andrew,

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)        https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Team Member (since 2001)  https://samba.org