[Samba] Can't access files on Debian

Nick Couchman nick.e.couchman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 17:19:29 UTC 2021

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 1:05 PM Clement Martin via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Debian 10 Buster
> Samba 0.2.9
>
> This seems like a version typo, here? 0.2.9 would be a very old version of
Samba...

I can access files on Windows from Debian, but not vice-versa. Couldn't
> find much help in my Linux distribution.

There are many on the list more familiar with Debian than I, but the
firewall and SELinux would be my first checks. Beyond that I think you're
going to have to provide some more detail on what you've tried thus far,
how you have it configured, etc. You haven't mentioned if these systems are
part of a domain or not, how you've configured security, any hints on
network configurations, etc. There are many reasons why this could be
happening, and it will help tremendously if you can provide more detail.

-Nick