[Samba] Printserver after latest MS updates

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Oct 19 14:27:31 UTC 2021

Hai,

I've re-checked my logs also and i dont seen any of these NTLMv2 messages in my logs.

I see some messages, but no show stoppers, same as normal (for me then).

We run windows 10 2004 upto windows 11 now.
Samba with Cups setup. This is running on debian 10, samba 4.14.8

2 settings you dont see there, but do show up for me with samba-tool testparm -vv |grep -i ntlm

        client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
        ntlm auth = ntlmv2-only

I do have ntlm auth = ntlmv2-only on all my AD-DC's due other things i use, which need NTLMv2.
Maybe it helps someone.

My config.
[global]

    log level = 1

    workgroup = ADDOM
    security = ADS
    realm = INTERNAL.DOMAIN.TLD
    netbios name = PRINT1

    preferred master = no
    domain master = no
    host msdfs = no

    interfaces = 192.168.1.5 127.0.0.1
    bind interfaces only = yes

    dns proxy = yes

    # Add and Update TLS Key
    tls enabled = yes
    tls keyfile = /etc/ssl/local/private/xxxxxx.key.pem
    tls certfile = /etc/ssl/local/certs/xxxxxxx.cert.pem
    tls cafile = /etc/ssl/certs/xxxxxxCA.pem

    ## map id's outside to domain to tdb files.
    idmap config * :backend = tdb
    idmap config * :range = 2000-9999

    ## map ids from the domain  the range may not overlap !
    idmap config ADDOM: backend = ad
    idmap config ADDOM: schema_mode = rfc2307
    idmap config ADDOM: range = 10000-3999999
    idmap config ADDOM: unix_primary_group = yes
    idmap config ADDOM: unix_nss_info = yes

    kerberos method = secrets and keytab

    # renew the kerberos ticket
    winbind refresh tickets = yes

    # show domain prefix
    # set to no, dont use the default domain, output shows: DOMAIN\user
    # set to yes, use the default domain, output shows: user
    winbind use default domain = yes

    # show users with getent passwd
    winbind enum users  = no
    winbind enum groups = no

    # enable offline logins
    winbind offline logon = yes

    # check depth of nested groups, ! slows down you samba, if to much groups depth
    winbind expand groups = 1

    # user Administrator workaround, without it you are unable to set privileges
    username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping

    # disable usershares creating, when set empty no error log messages.
    usershare path =

    # For Windows ACL support on member file server, enabled globaly, OBLIGATED
    # For a mixed setup of rights, put this per share!
    vfs objects = acl_xattr
    map acl inherit = yes
    store dos attributes = yes

    # Share Setting Globally
    veto files = /.bash_logout/.bash_profile/.bash_history/.bashrc/
    hide unreadable = yes

##### PRINT SERVER PART #######
    #enable asu support = yes

    ## Enabling spoolssd
    rpc_server:spoolss = external
    rpc_daemon:spoolssd = fork
    spoolss:architecture = Windows x64
    spoolssd:prefork_min_children = 5           # Minimum number of child processes
    spoolssd:prefork_max_children = 25          # Maximum number of child processes
    spoolssd:prefork_spawn_rate = 5             # Start (fork) x new childs if one connection comes in (up to prefork_max_children)
    spoolssd:prefork_max_allowed_clients = 100  # Number of clients, a child process should be responsible for
    spoolssd:prefork_child_min_life = 60        # Minimum lifetime of a child process (60 seconds
                                                # is the minimum, even a lower value has been configured)
    load printers = yes

# Windows clients look for this share name as a source of downloadable
# printer drivers
[print$]
   comment = Printer Drivers
   path = /home/samba/printing/drivers
   acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes
   guest ok = no
# Uncomment to allow remote administration of Windows print drivers.
# You may need to replace 'lpadmin' with the name of the group your
# admin users are members of.
# Please note that you also need to set appropriate Unix permissions
# to the drivers directory for these users to have write rights in it
   write list = root, administrator, @"Domain Admins", @lpadmin, @"Print Operators"

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /home/samba/printing/spool