[Samba] Printserver after latest MS updates

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Oct 19 14:24:05 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-10-19 at 16:09 +0200, cn--- via samba wrote:
> Am 19.10.21 um 16:02 schrieb Ingo Asche via samba:
> > Same here...
> >
> > Have set up one of my DCs new with the packages from Louis. This DC
> > is
> > also my print server. Thought at first I made an error but
> > yesterday I
> > found this:
> > https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/new-windows-10-kb5006670-update-breaks-network-printing/
> >

> > Taht's excatly the error I'm getting. But I couldn't check this
> > with
> > uninstallting the last Windows patch until now.
>
> As said. For us everything works. I was just wondering why only
> NTLMv2
> and not Kerberos is used and why only since last friday ...
>
> I also did not have a chance to investigate if the removal of the
> patch
> fixes the problem.

The problem is that nothing changes on Samba server, but something
starts happening on Samba. At this point the question is asked 'What is
going wrong with Samba', totally ignoring that nothing has changed.
However, as Microsoft seems to have lost the plot on printing,
something could have changed on Windows that could now be changing how
Samba responds.

Rowland