[Samba] Problem after update version 4.15.0

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Oct 18 10:24:08 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-10-18 at 11:45 +0200, Gerd Peter via samba wrote:
> HI,
> If I can help to find the Problem and the reason ...
> We have the same Problem:
> fresh new debian bullseye Installation
> L.P.H. van Belle Repositories bullseye-samba415 main
> DNS is bind; every DNS test is working well, on the DC and on the
> Windows Systems; signed chrony Timeserver;
>
> Windows Server 20219 and Windows 10 same result:
> No Problem to join the Domain - after the first reboot -
> authenticate tells then that the username or password is wrong
>
> C:\Windows\system32>nltest /dsgetdc:exampledomain.net - give the
> right
> answer.
>
> If I can make some further tests ...
> regards,
> gerd peter

OK, a user 'Ingo Asche' has been git-bisecting the code to find where
the problem started. he has found that it appears to be this commit:

commit 997fbcbc902d945eb5261ddc6667f830fbcd5931 (HEAD)
4.15.0pre1-GIT-997fbcbc902

Which now has the devs scratching their heads because it only added one
line and they cannot see why it would cause this problem.

They are looking into it, so we mere mortals must just wait :-)

Rowland