[Samba] A record

Marcos Ariel Negrini mnegrini at afip.gob.ar
Wed Oct 13 14:35:15 UTC 2021

Hello:
I have a productive samba4 AD 4.13.7 cluster. On it, I am using the
internal samba dns, and I'm testing on a lab to switch to bind9. I have
several doubts, but the first one is that I can't determine the exact
time where the A record of a workstation is generated after joining it
to the domain. After several tests with windows I came to the conclusion
that the A record is generated after the first login of a user (not at
the time of joining the workstation), but in some situations the record
is not generated according to this logic. In linux I can not determine
what triggers the generation of the log. Could you guide me about this?
what triggers the generation of the A records of the workstation in samba?
greetings
Marcos