[Samba] winbindd - mutex grab failed for adserver1.MYDOMAINLAB.bts.lab

peter knezel peter.knezel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 12:17:07 UTC 2021

Hello Rowland,

upgrade to buster ended with errors:

snmpd

samba-common-bin

samba

winbind

libnss-winbind:amd64

libpam-winbind:amd64

#

Checking the file:

grep ERROR /var/log/apt/term.log
ERROR: The idmap range for the domain * (tdb) overlaps with the range of
MYDOMAINLAB (rid)!

When i started manually winbind and samba, logon as AD user works.

After reboot both winbind and samba started automatically and i am able to
logon as AD user.

What do you think about this?
Kind regards,
Peter