[Samba] winbindd - mutex grab failed for adserver1.MYDOMAINLAB.bts.lab

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Oct 12 13:59:48 UTC 2021

> > Will simple upgrade to stretch solve my problem?
Most probely yes. Your samba is a antient..

> I would suggest you keep upgrading:
> Jessie -> Stretch -> Buster -> Bullseye

Yes, this is the best order to follow.
I recommend this order.

Backup the old list of packages.
dpkg --get-selections "*" > ~/curr-jessie-pkgs.txt

apt-get clean
apt-get autoremove --purge

# change the distro names.
sed -i 's/jessie/stretch/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
sed -i 's/jessie/stretch/g' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list

# get all needed packages (download only).
Apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade -dy

Clear all you logs. (* DO NOTE, your here still on Jessie)
Reboot.
Fix any error.
Clear all you logs.
Reboot
Fix any error, no errors.

* Here the upgrade starts
apt-get dist-upgrade -y

All upgraded?
Remove all obsolete packages
Reboot, fix errors, clear logs, Reboot.

Repeat.

BUT..
Since your now on Jessie and latest is Bullseye, lots of things has changed.

I would recommend to setup a new server with bullseye, and move the data over if possible.
Just, this really depends on what running, and can you reproduce the setup.

Tip, read these per disto-upgrade if your going to upgrade.
Upgrade from Jessie.
https://www.debian.org/releases/stretch/amd64/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html

You can upgrade the full path, i did that since wheezy, just slowly per distro upgrade
And do fix any errors you encounter..

Questions, you can ask, only i have a few days off coming days, so im slow in reply.

Greetz,

Louis