[Samba] Unable to join domain

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Oct 12 09:53:13 UTC 2021

Hai Rowland,

I think you'r wrong, maybe im wrong.. But im pretty sure im not.
Or we have a language thingy..  Good possible also. :-/

So, i've lookuped my windows eventlog and this shows..

The time provider NtpClient is currently receiving valid time data from dc1.internal.domain.tld (ntp.d|0.0.0.0:123->192.168.1.1:123).
The time service is now synchronizing the system time with the time source rtd-dc1.internal.domain.tld (ntp.d|0.0.0.0:123->192.168.1.1:123) with reference id 3539577024. Current local stratum number is 4.

All my time is in sync, servers, pc's routers, switches, any everything works as it should work.
So if you say its wrong, explain my why, i can only learn from it.

I've followed this as main guideline.

AD-DC use ntp with 3 stratum 1 NTP servers. (the external source)
Members use the internal NTP servers ( the AD-DC's )
Windows clients, i didnt do anything because its just not needed
and these sync also nicely with the AD-DC's.

Port Assignments for the Windows Time Service

NETWORK PORTS USED BY WINDOWS TIME SERVICE
Service name	UDP	TCP
NTP	123
SNTP	123

Setup is according the Windows Time Service Architecture.

Greetz,

Louis