[Samba] Unable to join domain

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Oct 12 09:14:07 UTC 2021

Ow yes, this can work fine.

AD-DC, time is given to the pc's over the AD. (not NTP directly)..
sure you can configure that, but i didnt.

Members, systemd-timedated used the AD-DC its NTP to sync.
Standalones ( i have 1, ) same.

The members dont need SNTP to sync time, only the AD-DC <=> Windows
And you can even overrule that, but im not doing that.

timedatectl show-timesync
SystemNTPServers="192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2"

Per example, this is the network config of my primary member server.
# /etc/systemd/network/30-bond1.network
[Match]
Name=bond1

[Network]
DHCP=no
IPv6PrivacyExtensions=no
IPv6AcceptRouterAdvertisements=no
LinkLocalAddressing=no

DNS=192.168.1.1
DNS=192.168.1.2
DNS=192.168.1.3
Domains=internal.domain.tld

# Time
NTP=192.168.1.1
NTP=192.168.1.2
NTP=192.168.1.3

[Address]
Address=192.168.1.11/24

[Route]
Destination=0.0.0.0/0
Gateway=192.168.1.200

So, i use systemd-networkd (DNS) , systemd-timesyncd (NTP),
And systemd-resolved can be used with Domains= so search is always correct.

This removed the need of some packages and less is better in my opinion.
But basicly its this script.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/debian-scripts/master/setup-systemd-networkd.sh

Questions, just ask.

(p.s. i just made this one, i suggest if you use systemd, have a look at it)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/debian-scripts/master/systemd-failure-notification.sh
If any service failes, you get email.

Greetz,

Louis