[Samba] Unable to join domain

Rob Campbell robcampbell08105 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 19:01:25 UTC 2021

The Debian DC DC01 seems to be just fine.  I have no issues with that.

FSDC02 is Fedora Server which I was told could be a member or a standalone
server.  I want to use it as a member.  It seems that I am able to join it
as a member but the DNS is not registering.  FSDC02 was test-server.lan
before I was told that I needed to use Debian as the first DC.  So I
changed test-server.lan to FSDC02 and removed the samba configuration I had
successfully running on it as a standalone file server, created a Debian
vm, changed test-server.lan to fsdc02 and set Debian to
DC01.test-server.lan.  I then went through the wiki for Samba as an AD DC.
Once that was working as expected I started working on setting fsdc02 up as
a member.  I can rename it to FS01 for clarity but last time I had a
problem removing but I can try it again.

In all things, Be Intentional.