[Samba] Samba 4.14 upgrade schema to 2012_R2 error

Daniel Lopes de Carvalho daniel at cepetro.unicamp.br
Wed Oct 6 11:17:46 UTC 2021

Hi Rowland.

Sorry for my failure. I was looking for a samba-patch package in Van
Belle's repo. And thanks for your pacience to explain and for your answer.

I have installed the patch package and I succeeded in upgrading the schema.
Thanks again.

Now I'm trying to update the domain level to 2012_R2, but it is still in
2008_R2 after the commands. Find bellow the command I have used:

I have used the following commands:
samba-tool domain level show

Domain and forest function level for domain 'DC=example,DC=com'
Forest function level: (Windows) 2008 R2
Domain function level: (Windows) 2008 R2
Lowest function level of a DC: (Windows) 2008 R2

samba-tool domain level raise
All changes applied successfully!

samba-tool domain level show
Domain and forest function level for domain 'DC=example,DC=com'
Forest function level: (Windows) 2008 R2
Domain function level: (Windows) 2008 R2
Lowest function level of a DC: (Windows) 2008 R2

samba-tool domain level raise --domain-level=2012_R2
ERROR: Domain function level can't be higher than the lowest function level
of a DC!

samba-tool domain level raise --forest-level=2012_R2
ERROR: Forest function level can't be higher than the domain function
level(s). Please raise it/them first!

Could you, please, help me with it?

Thanks again!