[Samba] Samba and Winbind Group Policy

David Mulder dmulder at samba.org
Tue Oct 5 17:24:32 UTC 2021

On 10/5/21 8:29 AM, Patrick Goetz via samba wrote:
> The thing I care about most is mapping folders, which is covered here:
>
>    https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows_User_Home_Folders
>
> The Wiki page title is misleading here because presumably you can map
> *any* folder using the instructions provided here. This page should
> probably be referenced on https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Group_Policy,
> along with any other Wiki pages dealing with Group Policy (e.g. the
> Configuring Windows Profile Folder Redirections page).

I've included the Home Folders and Folder Redirection information within
the Group Policy page (under 'Windows Domain Member Policies'). The
content is shared between the articles, so modifying one will also
modify the other.

I'll look around for other relevant articles in the wiki that should
also be linked here. If you come across any that you think should also
be included, please let me know.

--
*David Mulder*
Labs Software Engineer, Samba