[Samba] Samba and Winbind Group Policy

David Mulder dmulder at samba.org
Mon Oct 4 21:01:24 UTC 2021

After some discussion about this on the mailing list, I decided to
update the outdated wiki page and mention it here. There is a great deal
that has changed since the last time I updated the
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Group_Policy page.
There are currently 13 distinct policies, including smb.conf, addc
password/kerberos, scripts, files, symlinks, sudoers, messages
(motd/issue), pam access, certificate auto enrollment, firefox,
chrome/chromium, GNOME, and OpenSSH. And I'm not finished. I will try to
keep this page up-to-date in the future to avoid confusion.

FYI, the samba-gpupdate command *does* work when joined via either
winbind or sssd, so you can choose.

--
*David Mulder*
Labs Software Engineer, Samba