[Samba] Fwd: Winbind and GPO access restrictions?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Oct 4 15:39:18 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-10-04 at 13:10 +0200, Kees van Vloten via samba wrote:
> On 02-10-2021 22:50, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:

> > > The one thing I see here is that there is indeed a sudo-rule that
> > > allows
> > > you full root access given you enter your password.
> > > The output does not show on what basis you get this rule "(ALL :
> > > ALL)
> > > ALL" assigned.
> > > I am certain that I do not see that on my machines when I am not
> > > in
> > > the
> > > group "sudo".
> > >
> > > The sudo -l output on for my user (which is member of group sudo)
> > > is:
> > >
> > > kvv at bach:~$ sudo -l
> > > [sudo] wachtwoord voor kvv:
> > > Overeenkomende standaarditems voor kvv op bach:
> > >       env_reset, mail_badpass,
> > > secure_path=/usr/local/sbin\:/usr/local/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin\
> > > :/sb
> > > in\:/bin
> > >
> > > Gebruiker kvv mag de volgende opdrachten uitvoeren op bach:
> > >       (ALL : ALL) ALL
> > >
> > > When comparing the output, I noticed in yours "matching default
> > > items"
> > > are listed twice. Again no clue how it got there.
> > Yes I noticed that, but it doesn't affect sudo-ldap hint hint
> >
> > I must log a sudo bug
> >
> > Rowland
> >

> Hi Rowland,
>
> Usually you are quick and acurate in your responses, which I really
> appreciate.
> In the last few messages you are playing hide and seek with me. You
> did
> not show the crucial part of your configuration (/etc/sudoers) and
> until
> the last message you did not talk about the fact you are using
> sudo-ldap. Why is this necessary, are we not here to help each other?
>
> I have no doubts that there are more ways to solve a problem and all
> of
> them have their specific pros and cons.
>
> The reason I am using pam_script is because it provides me with a
> generic solution for all applications that can work with local
> authorization groups. One solution for many applications is a big
> time
> saver. The next reason is that it also works in offline or off-
> network
> logins, i.e. when ldap/samba-dc is not reachable. Although that
> could
> probably be overcome with nscd or lscd, again more than one solution
> get it done.
>
> Still I am interested to learn how you did the sudo-ldap setup,
> perhaps
> there are advantages that I overlooked.
> Then again what about other applications authorization groups? I
> used
> the example of libvirtd but pam_scripts also manages wireshark,
> sshd,
> kvm, docker, audio,video, dialout, cdrom, floppy, lpadmin, plugdev,
> [...]

Yes, I use sudo-ldap with the sudo rules in AD. What I was trying to
point out, was that winbind can do just about everything that the
program I will not mention, can. The big problem was GPO's and David
Mulder is working on closing that hole.

I repeat what I have being saying for a long time, you do not need that
program that I will not mention. If you think you do, then good luck to
you, just do not expect me to help you with it, as I don't use it any
more and haven't for years

Rowland