[Samba] Elements missing in LDAP for some users

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Nov 29 17:45:50 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-11-29 at 15:40 +0100, Victor Rodriguez via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am migrating an ancient Windows 2003 SBS to Samba using Zentyal
> (Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS + Samba version 4.13.14-Ubuntu from Ubutu
> official
> repo). Everything seems to be working properly.

What is the history of this domain?  Does this go back to NT4?

> After migration I have detected that many users have elements missing
> in
> LDAP, like "uidNumber", "gidNumber", "lastLogon" or
> "userAccountControl":

uidNumber and gidNumber are not normally populated by Windows (neither
by Samba but often set manually), lastLogon is not replicated but
userAccountControl should certainly be set.

> - In this scenario, should the exist for every user? (as they do in
> other domains I have migrated/created)
>
> - Should I create them? How?
>
> - Are they created automatically by Samba? When?

userAccountControl is created when a user is created.  lastLogon when a
user logs on to this DC.

Andrew Bartlett

Solutions