[Samba] chdir_current_service: vfs_ChDir(/srv/samba/users) failed: Permission denied.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Nov 29 09:52:41 UTC 2021

A full output of the created structure would be nice
and helps to explain that.

For all the used folders a getfacl should tell sufficent.
getfacl /srv
getfacl /srv/samba
getfacl /srv/samba/users
getfacl /srv/samba/users/username

But i suspect "SYSTEM" is missing somewhere.
And/Or did you change the Share Rights in Windows.
Because, if you do that, AFTER users are created,
it can mess up already existing folders and there rights.

I work in this order.
1) install samba.
2) create the folders in /srv/samba and setup the shares.
3) setup the share and folder fights.
4) create users and set user home and profiles

Greetz,

Louis