[Samba] Windows login problem to a Samba AD DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Nov 24 17:58:33 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-11-24 at 14:24 -0300, tizo wrote:
> > What specific feature of 4.15 are you looking for?
> >

> I am not looking for a specific feature, so I will give 4.14.10 a try
> at least to finish the test. Then I will reconsider which OS to use
> (Rocky or Debian) when going to production.
>
> Thank you all!

The problem with Samba (if you can call it a problem) is that newer is
always better, things are being added and updated all the time.

By default, you cannot provision an AD domain using red-hat packages,
you have to use external repos or compile Samba yourself.
Debian based repos have always been able to provision an AD domain and
if the Debian Samba version isn't new enough, there is always the Louis
Van Belle repo.

Rowland