[Samba] using Linux GPO

David Mulder dmulder at samba.org
Wed Nov 24 17:18:12 UTC 2021

On 11/24/21 10:09 AM, Stefan Kania via samba wrote:

> Am 24.11.21 um 17:48 schrieb David Mulder via samba:
>>
>> AH. IIRC, the samba python loadparam bindings *do not* support registry
>> smb.conf. To test this, try this python3 code:
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/python3
>> from samba.param import LoadParm
>> print(lp.get('realm'))
>>
>> It will be unable to fetch your realm.
> But it worked with 4.14, only I could not set any smb.conf parameters.
> Did you change it?

Hrm, I haven't changed anything in the way loadparam gets parameters,
and that code path for checking the dc hostname has been there for
years. It's possible some other change had unintended consequences. Are
you able to test this with 4.14 and confirm there is a regression?

--
*David Mulder*
Labs Software Engineer, Samba
dmulder at suse.com