[Samba] Windows login problem to a Samba AD DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Nov 24 16:38:37 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-11-24 at 13:24 -0300, tizo wrote:
> > Where did you get the Samba packages from ? Out of the box the OS
> > Samba
> > packages cannot provision an AD domain.
>
> My installation and configuration was a mix between
> https://samba.tranquil.it/doc/en/samba_config_server/redhat8/server_install_samba_centos.html#server-install-samba-centos
> and
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller
> . So the packages were obtained from this repo:
> https://samba.tranquil.it/redhat8/samba-4.15/, and I could make the
> provision process without problem.

As someone else has pointed out, Samba 4.15.0 was broken and is
undoubtedly your problem. Unfortunately, Tranquil IT doesn't seem to
have updated their Samba packages yet. Your options are probably
limited to waiting for Tranquil IT updating Samba, compiling Samba
yourself (not really recommended) or using a different OS. If you do
the latter, you could use Debian or Ubuntu and Louis Van Belle's repo:

https://apt.van-belle.nl/

Rowland