[Samba] Microsoft's ADMX templates install message -- anything to worry about?

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Sat Nov 20 22:07:56 UTC 2021

I don't recall seeing this message the last time I installed the Windows
ADMX templates, which probably just means I forgot, but just in case:

root at samba-dc:~# samba-tool gpo admxload -U Administrator
--admx-dir=./Program\ Files/Microsoft\ Group\ Policy/Windows\ 10\
October\ 2020\ Update\ \(20H2\)/PolicyDefinitions/
Password for [EA\Administrator]:
Installing ADMX templates to the Central Store prevents Windows from
displaying its own templates in the Group Policy Management Console. You
will need to install these templates from
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/102157 to continue using
Windows Administrative Templates.

Since I downloaded these ADMX templates from

   https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/102157

I find this message a tad confusing.

Since this is a slightly different install from last time (4.15.2 rather
than 4.15.1) asking just in case.