[Samba] Samba-Tool GUI?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 18:08:06 UTC 2021

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 12:51 PM Kees van Vloten via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 19-11-2021 18:14, Robert A Wooldridge via samba wrote:
> > Is there a GUI that works with samba-tool or some other GUI that will
> > allow administration of a DC?  Most importantly the ability to set,
> > reset, and change passwords?
> >

> There is desktop-GUI called "admc" from Altlinux:
> https://github.com/altlinux/admc
> It is similar to RSAT on Windows.

The old "swat" tool is profoundly out of date, the last time I looked
at it. A good GUI might ease Samba updates quite a bit, especially if
it cooperates with Infrastuctue As Code configuration management. the
Microsoft AD interface is fairly consistent and intuitive, though it
has some long-lived and nasty flaws. (The DNS export function
seriously mangles the SOA for no sensible reason except to break
importing them to BIND, for example.)