[Samba] Unable to net ads join samba to an active directory domain Failed to join domain: failed to connect to AD: Can't contact LDAP server

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 18 11:05:24 UTC 2021

On 11/18/21 02:15, Michael Evans via samba wrote:
> [Michael Evans]
> (added since the previous reply)
> Who's going to do that if it doesn't look like a hyperlink?
>
> It seems to be a deliberate style anti-pattern on the whole wiki.
> The AD page_also_  has disguised hyperlinks that are thus
> Skipped because unless you know they/might/  be hyperlinks
> it would never occur to you that it isn't a
> single line configuration flag that is required.

Can you post the URL where you're seeing this? And are you sure this
isn't an issue with your browser configuration? Hyperlinks in the Samba
Wiki show up as (clearly formatted) hyperlinks for me.

And yes, I am unable to follow your posts to the list. If you're forced
to use tools like Outlook, you might need to format your responses to
the list like this

 > What you're commenting on

Your comment

removing anything that's not relevant.  I find that more readable, but
everyone on these linux listservs appears to favor the
insert-your-two-cents-in-the-middle-of-it-all style, so I started doing
it to (except here).